Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Everett

Last night over coffee with my friend Sally Ann, I explained how I love Everett for his unique and somewhat eccentric personality. It is also just fun having a 3-year old. For me it is not about milestones or what my child can "do", but really who they are. There are several things I want to remember about Everett:

-He loves The Nutcracker. We have the movie and he always requests to watch it. He even recognizes a piece if he hears it while we're out.
-He has a book about DaVinci and he loves the Mona Lisa. Not so sure what sparked this love.
-His preschool teacher has told me that his favorite color is pink. I too have found this to be true. Needless to say, he loves Eleanor's nursery.
-He has such a great imagination. He can discover a shape and name it in the clouds. He also has been pretending a lot lately. For example, "Mama I'm a dog" as he crawls around. Unfortunately this sometimes involves biting people, including his brother.
-His Thomas trains come alive! He tucks them into bed, feeds them, etc. It is too funny.
-He is a very sensitive and caring boy. He tends to take on the emotions of others. For example, the other day at the bookstore he saw a little boy crying. He was so concerned and wanted to get involved. He is sweet.
-When we get in the car he wants to listen to the Beatles. He knows the words to several songs (i.e. Yellow Submarine).
-He is fun, creative, sensitive, loving, emotional, and sweet. He can go from zero to sixty in a matter of a second. I love him for who he is. He's my boy!

No comments: