Sunday, April 8, 2012

Durham Getaway

On Thursday evening I drove to Durham to visit my mom. I was excited to get away for a mini vacation and see where my mom lived. We had a fun-filled two days and it was just what I needed.

After a yummy breakfast at a quaint cafe/market we went to visit Duke chapel. The whole campus was gorgeous. I just loved all the stone buildings.
 

And the chapel was breathtaking. I loved all the stained glass.
 
 
 

After that we went to a few fun shops and then got pedicures. That evening my mom's choir did an Easter production. My mom goes the The Summit Church and the choir was so good! I sat through both productions and could have sat through a third performance easily. On Saturday morning we went out for breakfast again. The dentist mom works for has a beautiful lawn/garden, so he was gracious to give us a tour. The chairs below he made himself!

I loved the tulips.

And he also is a bee keeper. The hives are pictured below.
 

After that we went to a dairy farm and got some ice-cream. I got some chocolate milk for the boys as a special treat.
 

I had such a fun trip. I told my mom that her home is what I am now considering my "getaway." I got seven straight hours of uninterrupted sleep! I look forward to going back. I was thrilled however to see my babies when I got home.

1 comment:

SA said...

Looks like you had such a good time! Getaways are the best :)