Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time with My Girl

Completely unrelated to my thought process with this post, but I wanted to document how my boys have been eating lunch lately. Their favorites have been berries, grapes, and sometimes a banana. We also like edamame, green beans, and diced carrots. Such a colorful plate!

Our wooden cutting board is getting a lot of use lately! It has a permanant home on our kitchen counter in fact.

I was talking to a friend the other day on the phone about how I really struggle with mommy guilt. I am constantly pulled in three different directions between my crew and along with maintaining our home-it can be a lot. Recently I have felt like I have not been able to savor Eleanor's babyhood as much as I would like. The thing is though that I have two little boys who also require a lot of attention and energy. But she doesn't seem to mind. She gets plenty of love and attention even if that means I cannot rock her for hours on end like I would like.

What is amazing about the Lord is though is He knows my heart, my desires, my needs and He is always faithful. Yesterday I got to spend some special time with just my girl.  

I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and I brought Eleanor with me. Thankfully a friend watched my boys. It was so fun to be out just us girls. Everyone ohhed and ahhed over her and I must say she is adorable. She eats up the attention too.

Then in the afternoon she was the first to wake up from naps and we had a full hour together for some quality time. It was just what we needed.  
 

No comments: