Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday was a whole lot of nothing....but I am convinced all this "nothing" for these little people in my life really adds up to a whole lot of something-now and for their future. 

 
Eleanor tried rice cereal for the first time and proved she is a girl with her dramatic reaction. She gagged and gave me a funny look.

Everett went to preschool. It was show and tell day and he brought Buzz Lightyear.

While Everett was at preschool Hampton was hard at work playing. Eleanor takes a long morning nap, so this is quality time with him. This boy plays like it is his job. He loves to play! His favorites are cars.

Grover decided to take a driving tour of the farm. And Buzz Lightyear happened to be there too. We have fun.

Everett refused another nap. I am still working through this issue. I have come to terms with him not sleeping. I have not come to terms with myself not getting a break in the day. Thus, I have instituted "room time." He can read, play with a few toys....but he must stay in his room. It is still a battle, but we are only two days in. I am hopeful. And the playing commenced in the afternoon......

Why hi there baby...........

I'll give you a kiss!

Maggie is a very predictable dog. She sleeps in the morning and observes in the afternoon.

More play.....

And a brother hug enforced by mommy.

Eleanor and I decided to do a photoshoot......
 
And we ended the day freshly bathed, in jammies, in mommy and daddy's bed- with Hampton as Everett's personal foot rest.

And I wanted to end with a sibling kiss! Melt my heart. 
The day can be long. And my patience can be worn thin. I worry myself over the children. Are they healthy? Are they happy? This list can go on and on. But even though it can take a toll on me physically, mentally, and emotionally-it is good work.

No comments: