Monday, August 2, 2010

Six Years

Saturday Eric and I celebrated six years of marriage. I was reflecting over these past six years and realized so much has happened. For us, six years has included:
2 Masters degrees
2 Apartments
1 Chihuahua
1 House
2 Big surgeries for me
1 Big move
2 New careers (Eric's and mine)
2 Beautiful boys
Whew! God has so richly blessed our family. I am so happy to go through life with Eric and this weekend was so fun.......
Eric's mom came up to visit and to help us out with the babies so we could go out. On Saturday afternoon Eric and I went out for what I thought was just going to be a quick lunch. However, Eric surprised me with an overnight trip instead! When we pulled up to the hotel and Eric told me we were staying for the night, I was so excited! It is funny though because I thought of a million "mommy things" concerning the babies, but Eric had it all covered. We haven't stayed in a hotel alone since our 1 year anniversary and this getaway was so needed. We watched television, had dinner, talked, and just relaxed. We also got to sleep all night! It felt like I was away on vacation and it was great. Of course I missed Everett and Hampton, but we came back refreshed and rejuvenated.


Then on Sunday we ended up playing all afternoon outside. Everett loves water balloons and playing with his water table. Overall a really fun weekend!




No comments: